Highlights and Notes from the President
AAUW Tillamook, President: Susan Pierce
Welcome to our 81st year of AAUW in Tillamook. We are so blessed to have two current members with over 50 years of membership each. Claire Peterson has been a member of Tillamook since 1946, and Marilyn Reynolds has been an AAUW member since 1964. This branch would not be who we are without their dedication. Together, well over 100 years of service to our community.
In 2005, Tillamook AAUW began selling seedlings and trees to support our scholarship program. This effort has resulted in hundreds of trees being planted in Tillamook County watersheds in partnership with the Tillamook Estuaries Project (TEP).
- Nehalem Bay Watershed
- Tillamook Bay Watershed – Western Red Cedar
- Netarts Bay Watershed – Shore Pine
- Sand Lake Estuary Watershed
- Nestucca Bay Watershed – Vine Maple
- We also have hundreds of plantings at Kilchis Point, Hwy 101 North
- Hoquarton Slough park
AAUW continues to be stewards of our environment. How awesome! At any time, you can dedicate one of these trees to memorialize or honor someone special, with most prices between $50 to $100. Contact Marilyn Reynolds (503) 801.5961 or Susan Pierce (503) 842.6959 for details. Please help accomplish my Presidential goals for 7/1/2019 to 6/30/2021:
- Dedicate the remaining three trees in the landscaping of the Tillamook Bay Community College to support our endowed funds at TBCC used for scholarships. AAUW has over $56,463 in endowed funds and is one of the larger endowments. These trees can be dedicated for $1,000 each
- Form a committee to plan for the historical preservation of records and decide on a policy for record retention in the future.
Plan for fun in all we do……..Susan